Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day


My mommy is the best, hands down. However, I'm sure you all could argue the same for your own mommys. Yes, I'm 26 and still call her "mommy" or "mama." The only time I call her "mom" is when she's frustrating me and I've had to explain myself 60,000 times in a row.



She (sometimes) has the patience of a saint. Remember that stunt Stewie pulls with Lois on Family Guy? Ya, that's me. All the time. I do it when I leave her messages on the answering machine, too, just so she can hear me do it when I'm not really around. I'm such a loving daughter. :-)


Until I moved out of the house, I didn't know what a non-home cooked meal was. And even now that only my 17 year old brother is left in the house, my mom cooks 6 nights a week (Fridays are her day "off"). I also never knew was store bought pastries and cakes tasted like because my mom wouldn't dare touch that stuff with even a ten foot pole!

Things my Mama has taught me:
  • Not to take the "better deal" when asked to be in two places at once and you've already agreed to be at one place.
  • Just because people are hungry or poor doesn't mean they want expired, nasty food that others would prefer to throw out. (I discovered a lot of people don't know this and donate expired food to food pantries!)
  • Drugs are bad things, she knows from experience.
  • Instant pudding in boxed cake mix makes cake takes a million times better.
  • Never use butter-flavored Crisco; it's just gross.
  • Soaking wilted plants can sometimes revive them.
  • Never buy ANYTHING at full price when you can use a coupon and save!












Happy Couponing!
-Coupon Mama Massachusetts

No comments:

Post a Comment