Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Cheap Birdhouses and Tubby Cat

I told you last week that Michael's had all of their summer wooden thingies 70% off. Well, it appears that they're all 80% off now! I got more birdhouses (my husband is gonna kill me!) and for even less than I paid last week! I already started painting the last set, so I can't wait 'til they're all done and ready to be hung up on a stake and put in our backyard!


3 birdhouses $1.39/ea (down from $6.99)
mini birdhouse $.20 (down from $99)
birdhouse windchime $.39 (down from $1.99)
3 craft paints $.59 regular price
1 Martha Stewart glitter paint $.79 (down from $3.99 I think)
2 packages recipe cards $.25/ea (not sure their regular price)
recipe box $4.99 (I used a 40% off any regular priced item so it become $2.99)

This completes a gift for someone that I won't elaborate on, as well as the gift for Nora, the munchkin I babysit for.





So my husband and I have debated the entire first half of the summer about having our younger cat, Zoe, groomed. She is a long haired calico and she was taken from her mother much too soon as a stray, so she's not the most hygienic/clean cat on the block. And with the summer heat in full swing, she was shedding ridiculously. I was having to vacuum daily just to keep from mini kittens (i.e. balls of fur) from taking up residence in every corner and crevice of my house.
Once upon a time

Before, Our little furry monster

We finally decided that we'd have her shaved professionally, as we'd tried to do it ourselves once with very little success and a lot of frustration. This was a major splurge, but we try not to spare any expenses when it comes to our "children." Needless to say she looks very amusing with her lion's cut. At least she'll be mat-free and cooler in the summer heat with her new haircut. You can't hide her tubbiness anymore, though, beneath all her fur. :-)





Happy Couponing!
-Coupon Mama Massachusetts

No comments:

Post a Comment