Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Tax Free Weekend: What My Husband Bought THE MORNING OF OUR WEDDING!

It seems that each year during the Massachusetts sales tax-free holiday, I always end up not in Massachusetts or so busy I can't go shopping to take advantage of the tax-free day. In 2011, the tax-free holiday landed on August 13-14th. August 13, 2011 was my wedding and we left at 5am on the 14th for our Aruban honeymoon.

My husband did not let our impending wedding stop him from taking advantage of the tax-free holiday. While I was getting my hair did and my husband's cousin was busy beautifying me (a difficult task, I must add), my husband and his testosterone laden posse were out buying this nifty gadget:


Yes, my friends. Mere hours before our wedding, my husband was taking a ride to the local Best Buy store, coupons in hand (I taught him well) and ready to jump on the tax-free bandwagon. He saved hundreds of dollars between his coupons, gift cards he had (some of which we earned through credit card points) and the tax-free promotion.

So if your state is offering a tax-free holiday this year and you're around to go shopping, take advantage of it! I do not recommend taking advantage if it is the morning of your wedding, however. :-)

As of right now, Massachusetts tax-free holiday is still up in the air. It is tentatively set for August 11th and 12th.

Here's a list of other states and respective dates/stipulations of the tax free promotion.


Happy Couponing!
-Coupon Mama Massachusetts

No comments:

Post a Comment