Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Action Out of Anger?

I will keep my words brief, as I already feel, only four days following the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, CT, that conversation about the events has become overwhelming and sensationalized by the media. Those affected by this terrible situation need peace.

Photo Credit

I am angry. I am so angry that words cannot even begin to express my rage.

I am angry at the news media for perpetuating false information and rumors.

I am angry at reporters for thinking it is acceptable to interview young children about their tragic experience and the losses they have endured.

I am angry at individuals and organizations who are using this tragedy to push a political agenda.

I am angry that someone with an alleged mental illness had access to weapons.

I am angry that someone, mental illness or not, could even fathom taking the lives of innocent children, let alone pull the trigger.

I am angry that there are no answers. No reason why. No explanation. No real closure.

Photo Credit


And some are calling for action. For change. For something to come out of this anger.

But I don't think this is the time. The wounds are still open and raw. Give these families time. Give them strength. Give them peace.

The U.S. Postal Service has provided a PO box for the people affected by this tragedy so that anyone who wants to send a note or card can do so. If you would like to send a letter of support, you can send them to the following address:

Messages of Condolence for Newtown
PO Box 3700
Newtown CT 06470
 
 


Happy Couponing!
-Coupon Mama Massachusetts

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment