Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Delicious Stuffed Mushroom Recipe

I going to a Christmas party on Sunday and absolutely cannot wait! I was actually asked to make my stuffed mushrooms again because they were such a hit at the get-together over the summer.

I can't take credit for this recipe - it's my fiance's cousin Erica's recipe. I'm sure she won't mind me sharing it with you. I only made one substitution which I'll put in red.

Ingredients
2 packages mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
1 can chopped clams
1 small onion, finely diced
1 package saltines  Ritz butter crackers
1/2 cup butter, melted
block of sharp cheddar ( cut into pieces about 1/4 inch thick)
bacon
garlic powder
black pepper
 
Directions
 Melt butter in a bowl and add saltines, onion, clams with juice, garlic powder and black pepper.  Dice about half of the mushrooms stems and add to mixture.  Fill mushroom caps with mixture.  Top with a piece of bacon and cheese and secure with toothpicks.  Bake at 375 degrees for approx. 35 to 40 minutes.

Yum!

Happy Couponing!
-Coupon Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment