Friday, January 7, 2011

Start of Biggest Loser = New Recipes Galore!

If I don't lose weight during this "Biggest Loser" competition at work I'm going to be wicked pissed.

I'm watching what I eat and working my overly-large butt off at Zumba every night this week.

Since I've got to watch what I eat, I've been forced to re-analyze my selection of meal options for supper. My fiance will not touch "health food" so I've had to find ways to feed him AND me and keep us both happy.

I found a recipe Renovated General Tsao's Chicken, because Jon and I love Chinese, but obviously take out is not an option for me right now! This looks super nasty when you're mixing all of the wet ingredients and the spices together, but once you start simmering it on the stove, it starts to actually look like General Tsao's Chicken.

Ingredients

1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp red pepper flakes
4 tsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 medium scallions, chopped
4 Tbsp soy sauce, low sodium
3 Tbsp splenda (or sugar)
3 Tbsp corn starch
1 lbs boneless skinless chicken, cut ino bite size cubes
1.5 C chicken broth, low sodium
2 Tbsp vinegar


Directions

In a medium bowl, whisk together broth, cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and ginger; set aside.


Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallions, garlic and pepper and cook 2 minutes. Add chicken and cook until browned all over, about 5 minutes.


Add reserved sauce and simmer until sauce thickens and chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes.

Number of Servings: 4

Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user VBMOM2010.

Number of Servings: 4



Nutritional Info
  • Servings Per Recipe: 4
  • Amount Per Serving
  • Calories: 186.8
  • Total Fat: 5.1 g
  • Cholesterol: 55.0 mg
  • Sodium: 858.5 mg
  • Total Carbs: 9.5 g
  • Dietary Fiber: 0.6 g
  • Protein: 25.0 g


Happy Couponing!
-Coupon Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment