Thursday, February 23, 2012

Yummy Chicken Enchiladas

Earlier in the week I took out some ground turkey to defrost. Usually I use my ground turkey to make turkey burgers or turkey meatloaf. Since I didn't have any mushrooms on hand for the meatloaf (my husband, who typically hates mushrooms, now DEMANDS them in my meatloaf!), and I didn't feel like eating too many burgers myself, I decided to split the ground turkey and make a few burgers and turn the rest into some yummy chilli.

I ended up having extra chilli leftover and I wasn't sure what to do with it; my husband will NOT eat chilli or soup or stew on its own and call it a meal. He's too damn picky if you ask me. And I'm too nice to tell him that it's not an a la carte menu. You get what I put on your plate!

Anyway, since I had some leftover chilli, I had to figure out what to do with it. What goes better with spicy chilli than some delicious Mexican-inspired food!? I've never had an enchilada before but the photos of enchiladas always make my mouth water.

I found this delicious recipe at Food.com and my husband actually said he felt like he should be having a Dos Equis at Fiestas (an amazing Mexican restaurant down the road).

I actually pulled out split chicken breast with skin on. I deskinned it before roasting it, then roasted it bone on. After it cooled a tad, I stripped it from the bone and shredded it before adding it to all the seasonings and other ingredients. When I bought my enchilada sauce, I got the green one. I just grabbed the Target brand, as it was the cheapest when I ran to the store quick.

SO SO SO YUMMY! It's not become a meal that I will make again and again!

Have any yummy recipes you want to share?

Happy Couponing!
-Coupon Mama Massachusetts

No comments:

Post a Comment