Sunday, April 29, 2012

Weekly Goals Update

So I feel like this week was a tad more productive than last week, but let's see..
Family Goals
1. Write a handwritten love note to Jon. So I suck as a wife... one of the few things I didn't do :-(  
2. Send my sister a handwritten letter at school. So this is written, but not mailed out yet. I consider this done nonetheless. The little girl I babysit for helped me design some paper to write the letter on; it's full of multi-colored hearts. I had great news to congratulate her on - she won a scholarship for college next year.. Yay!! Isn't she just the prettiest in the whole wide world? (On the left at my wedding last August).



3. Solidify guest list for dad's 70th birthday party. My uncle has taken the lead and has jumped on board to help me (THANK GOD). He's got a list prepared so I can start ordering invitations!

Personal Goals
4. Finish reading James Patterson's 7th Heaven. And would you believe I also finished reading the next in the series 8th Confession?
5. Exercise (go for a walk, make it to the gym, go to Zumba) at least 5 times. Ha. Ha. I can't even say A for effort... exercising has been on the backburner because other priorities have taken over.
6. Figure out how to use the Kindle I won back in December. This is all charged and registered with Amazon. I've got to look for some great reads to download on it, though. I think I've convinced my husband to actually read. He said he was toying with the notion of reading the Hunger Games since he saw the movie last week and loved it... I've gotta find a great deal on it first though!

Home Management
7. Get all the snarls out of my kitty, Zoe's fur... whether this means excessive combing/brushing or a nifty impromptu hair cut. Man you should have seen the fur fly!!! It was EVERYWHERE! It took an hour of brushing, fighting and cutting to get all the snarls out and to get her to stop exploding fur everywhere any time she jumped from one spot to another. Then I vacuumed the entire house, including all the upholstery... it was soo beautiful in my house... for about 5 minutes 'til she decided to roll across the dining room carpet, leaving a trail of Zoe fur behind her.
8. Finish painting the trim in the hallway. Start on the trim in the living room.
9. Plant the purple chrysanthemum my mom gave me last week. This is planted, but then I think it died; not enough water and I forgot to water it manually. Oops.


So here are my new goals for the week:

Family Goals
1. Write a handwritten love note to Jon.
2. Get addresses/phone numbers of all guests on guest list for dad's party.
3. Collaborate with husband and brother in law on Auntie Elaine's 60th birthday gift.
Personal Goals
4. Read James Patterson's 9th Judgment.
5. Exercise (go for a walk, make it to the gym, go to Zumba) at least 5 times.
6. Find a great deal on the kindle version of the Hunger Games.
Home Management
7. Order, pay for and have delivered 9 bajillion yards of loam to level off backyard where we cleared last weekend.
8. Hang picture of my siblings from my wedding. We're a pretty sexy family, eh?

9. Till my garden, flipping the manure I bought last week into the dirt.

Happy Couponing!
-Coupon Mama Massachusetts

No comments:

Post a Comment