Friday, September 7, 2012

DIY Friday: Mommy's Sippy Cup

 
Mommy's Sippy Cup
 
 
Have you seen the prices attached to those fancy schmany wine glasses that have "Mommy's Sippy Cup" plastered on it? I've seen them upwards of $30 to $40 for just ONE glass! That's simply highway robbery!
 
I've discovered a way to make your very own Mommy's Sippy Cup, or Daddy's Sippy Cup, or Granny's Sippy Cup... you get the idea... for super de duper cheap!
 
The most expensive part will be buying the glass paint, but you can reuse the paint over and over and over.
 
I won't lie; I can't remember how much I paid for these glass paint pens. I bought them to make glass ornaments a few Christmases ago. But you could always use the 40% off coupon at Michael's that frqeuently comes in the newspaper to defray the cost of these. They work just like sharpie markers. They're fantastic and last forever if you take good care of them!
 
The only other things you'll need are painter's tape (this is actually optional if you have a steady hand - I do not) and any sort of glass drinking vessel. I chose a beer stein, but you could use a wine glass, champagne flute, martini or margarita glass - whatever your recipient will use most. I bought mine at the Dollar Tree - they had tons of different options. I know Christmas Tree Shop has some fancy drinking vessels too.

The start of my design.


Isn't my helper cute?

She seems to be an expert in DIY projects.

Finished project: Front

Finished project: Back
 
I would recommend not painting near the sipping area so that your recipient isn't eating glass paint. I also strongly recommend hand washing only.

Drink up! Cheers!


Happy Couponing!
-Coupon Mama Massachusetts

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment