Saturday, September 8, 2012

Saturday Successes: Zzzzzzz despite the obstacles


My husband, Jon, and I have been blissfully married for a little over a year. We've been together for five years and have lived together for four and a half of those.


During much of that time, my sleep has suffered greatly. Our couch also has suffered. In our previous house, space was a commodity. There was only one bedroom. It didn't have a door. And aside from the basement, which was only latered renovated to be living space, there was really no where to "escape" from any sort of annoyances when needed.

99% of the time, these annoyances were my husband and his absolutely horrendous snoring. I don't mean a mere two or three minute stretch of light snoring. I'm talking snoring so loudly that it can be heard several rooms away and sometimes even in the basement. Snoring so deep and heavy that no amount of poking, prodding, kicking, slapping, pinching or any other slightly violent verb could stifle.

Just listen! I was in the next room when taping this.

As a result, there have been many a night I spent on the couch. Sometimes I didn't even bother to try get him to stop snoring before leaving bed to sleep on the couch. It wasn't worth it because it only meant I was wider awake.

But after five years of being together, four and a half of which we've lived together, and a little over a year of which we've been blissfully married, I've managed to develop a strategy for sleeping with a chronic snorer. And no, BreathRite strips simply don't work. Smothering might, but I haven't tried it :-)

I simply go to bed before him and try to fall asleep as quickly as I can. So I make sure each night right before bed that he's glued to the TV and halfway through his TV show, I close up the house, feed our fuzzy children, kiss him goodnight and sneak off into the bedroom to fall asleep without the snoring.

And each morning, I revel in my success as I drink a few less cups of coffee than I needed before I discovered this trick!

Happy Couponing!
-Coupon Mama Massachusetts

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment