Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Gone But Not Forgotten: Burying a Friend



I've never been able to cope with death well. I've always been that woman, you know, the one who blubbers like a baby through wakes, memorial services and funerals - with crocodile tears and snot streaming down my face. It doesn't matter who has passed, be it a relative, a friend or even the distant friend of a friend of a relative whose services you were attending out of respect for someone still living, I'd cry enough tears to fill an ocean.

Over time, I began to realize that many of the funerals I was attending were of people who had lived long, fulfilled, happy lives. They got married, had children, grand children and even great grandchildren.

But until now, I've never had to attend a service for the death of someone younger than myself.



A young man who had once been a student of mine in my Sunday School class passed away. Unexpectedly.

A young man whose mom is a dear friend of my family's. A young man who was a student at the school where I work. A young man with so much promise in his future.

My face is swollen and my head aches from all of my crying. But my heart aches for the loss this young man's family has had to endure. No Mama should ever have to bury her child.

He is now among the angels; may his family find peace.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16



Happy Couponing!
-Coupon Mama Massachusetts

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment