Saturday, October 5, 2013

Saturday Successes: I'm a Rugged Maniac!


It's been quite awhile since I've posted under Saturday Successes, but this success for me is important enough to stop my life in the wee hours of a Saturday morning to post about it.

Last year, maybe in November or even December, I saw someone post on Facebook about a muddy, obstacle-course ridden 5k they were interested in. That particular race was either too far away or the date was too close, I can't remember at this point because it was so long ago - in any regard, that particular race just wasn't going to work for me. I hadn't been running really or going to the gym at all. But it got me thinking and so off to google I went in search of a similar race that I could set a goal for running.

So in November or December of last year, I convinced my unknowing husband to run a "5k" with me - I don't think I really gave him many details, other than the fact it was almost a year away and we'd have plenty of time to "train."

I can't say my husband and I put our best foot forward into our training. We're both really bad at consistency and it's something I know I need to work on. BUT.... nearly a year, multiple various injuries, 25+ ridiculous obstacles and approximately 5 pounds of mud in our underwear later, my husband and I are RUGGED MANIACS!


Race: Rugged Maniac
Location: Motocross 338 Southwick, MA
Date: September 28, 2013
Our Time: 1:00:02










Happy Couponing!
-Coupon Mama Massachusetts

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment