Wednesday, December 4, 2013

What's Cookin' Wednesday: Homemade Bourbon Cranberry Sauce


I haven't posted a What's Cookin' Wednesday post in awhile, but since I made so many dishes from scratch for Thanksgiving and my family raved about them, I figured I'd share some of the recipes with you.

This recipe for bourbon cranberry sauce is taken from FoodNetwork.

Ingredients
1 bag of fresh cranberries (12 oz)
1 1/4 cups of granulated sugar
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon (or more if you like it super cinnamon-y)
pinch of nutmeg
1/4 cup bourbon

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a casserole dish (I of course use my Pyrex), mix the cranberries, sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon. Cover with foil and bake for approximately 55 minutes. Stir and put back into the oven for another 5 minutes. Remove from oven and mix in the bourbon. Let cool completely before refrigerating. This should last about a week in the fridge but you won't need to worry about that because I promise you that your family will gobble it right up!





Happy Couponing!
-Coupon Mama Massachusetts

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment