Thursday, January 2, 2014

Thrifty Thursday: Freezing Eggs


Found an awesome deal on eggs but already have 3 dozen taking up space in your refrigerator? Eggs typically sell for $1.69 - $2.69 a dozen when not on sale here in Southeast Massachusetts, so whenever I can get them for $.99 or less, I stock up. Unfortunately my family isn't too keen on eating eggs for breakfast, lunch and supper every day. But no worries, I've found a way to stockpile those little eggies anyway!

Did you know you can freeze eggs?

I do not encourage the freezing of eggs when you plan on eating them outright. But freezing is great for eggs you intend on using for baking.

Source Credit

I've found that the best way to freeze eggs is by using ice cube trays. This way if your recipe calls for 3 eggs, you take out and defrost 3 ice cube eggies.

Beat your whole egg just slightly and pour into an ice cube tray. Freeze and once frozen, place into ziplock bags. 

To thaw, leave them in the refrigerator overnight or run (still in a bag or freezer container) under warm water. Use them immediately.

Frozen eggs last approximately 1 year, but I never leave mine in there that long!


Happy Couponing!
-Coupon Mama Massachusetts

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment