Friday, February 7, 2014

DIY Friday: 52 Reasons I Love You (A Valentine's Day Gift)


This is totally my version of the Pinterest idea - there are a million examples if you type in "52 Reasons I Love You" on Pinterest. My "daughters" made their daddy a cute little mug with their furry pictures on it and it shipped out 2 days ago from Shutterfly. This is mommy's Valentine's Day gift to daddy.

You need:
a deck of cards
a printer with printer paper
single hole punch
glue
2 binder rings (I still need to grab these from work, but I've been home sick all week)
Optional: stickers or other decorative touches


Directions:
First I came up with 52 reasons why I love my husband. In word, I created a table that was 4 across and 4 down that filled up the page. I used size 25 font for most of it and made the font smaller if needed. You can be as creative as you'd like with this part. Make it a crazy color, or mulit-colored; use different types of font, whatever your heart desires.

Next, I created a template for hole punching by tracing one card on regular paper, cutting it out and hole punching the template. I used this template to hole punch all the cards, 2 at a time.

I carefully cut out my 52 reasons and glued them to the cards. Be careful, regular printer ink will run. If I had the energy and were allowed to leave my house, I might have considered getting it printed at Staples in hopes the ink wouldn't run. Or even laminating the "reasons" before gluing. 

Once it's all dry, you can add stickers or other embellishments, then clip them into binder rings.

Yes, I used my coupon inserts to keep glue from getting on my desk, so what?




Happy Couponing!
-Coupon Mama Massachusetts

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment