Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Hoarder: Buried Alive? What to do with all those Samples & Freebies

Do you love getting mail just as much as I do? I love it so much that no one else in my house is allowed to get the mail. A rush of adrenaline surges through me as I open the box and peek inside. My husband is not nearly as excited about mail as me, especially after a few days in a row of receiving an abundance of samples and freebies. In fact, I can almost see the steam coming out of his ears as he yells at me to find a place for all of my free goodies.

Sometimes I get so many I feel like I'm being buried alive beneath them all. But I've found ways to put those samples and freebies to good use - even the ones I have no intention of ever using.

Photo Source


I order every freebie or sample that is available, even if I know I won't use it personally. I don't have a dog at my house, but my mom does, so I order dog-related freebies. My family already has over 30 containers of deodorant, but I order the free samples anyway because I know local shelters and food pantries will happily take my extras off my hands.

Here are a few MA places where you can donate your freebies and samples. Not a fan of what's on the list or none local enough to you? Use any search engine to search for a local place near you.

Massachusetts

The Greater Boston Food Bank
NEEDS: non perishable food goods

St. Francis House
A homeless shelter
NEEDS: clothing, toiletries, non perishable food goods

Rosie's Place
A homeless shelter and service provider for women
NEEDS: clothing, toiletries, non perishable food goods, twin sheets and blankets, towels, and more

Annelle Delorme-Hagerman Food Pantry
A food pantry run out of Church of Our Savior; also has a soup kitchen distribution several times a month
NEEDS: non perishable food goods, paper and plastic bags, toiletries

Animal Rescue League of Boston
NEEDS: towels, sheets, cat beds, Clorox bleach, laundry detergent, cat treats, rawhides, and more



If you are aware of another charitable organization that would happily accept donations of freebies and other samples, please feel free to comment below and I will add them to the list. Obviously this is not a comprehensive list of organizations in the state of Massachusetts.


Happy Couponing!
-Coupon Mama Massachusetts

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment