Saturday, January 4, 2014

Saturday Successes: O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree


If you're a longtime Coupon Mama Massachusetts reader, you  may already know I have a vintage Pyrex addiction. I've been collecting for a little over a year and easily have nearly a hundred pieces. I try to use them as frequently as I can so I can justify my large collection to my husband.

But in general I really just love old stuff. I love the smell of old stuff. I love the qualify of most old stuff. I love the kitschy-ness of old stuff. I tend to have a natural hoarding tendency so I do have to be careful about what I acquire. But this holiday season I really, really, really wanted a vintage ceramic Christmas tree. You know, like the one your grandmother made back in the day.

So I finally mustered up the courage to ask my mother in law about the ceramic tree she had hanging around in a box of other random decorations that never left the side of the couch during Christmas. Be still my beating heart - she was planning on shipping it off to Salvation Army.

This beautiful ceramic tree, made in 1986 (my birth year - it was meant to be), is now proudly MINE! Success! :-)



Happy Couponing!
-Coupon Mama Massachusetts

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment