Friday, June 26, 2015

DIY Friday - My Father's Day (or Dad's Birthday) Project


I know Father's Day has already passed, but I wanted to show you how easy (and inexpensive) it can be to come up with a cute Father's Day gift. We call my husband "Daddy" at home. Now neither of us have human children, but we do have three furry babies and a late furry baby that we consider our pride and joy.

So every Father's Day, the kids get their Daddy something, but this year we wanted to be a bit crafty and take on a photo project.

Here's our project's inspiration from Brassy Apple




So I ran out to Michael's and bought 3 wooden distressed-style letters spelling out DAD. They were $1.50 each and I had a coupon for 30% off my entire order so I paid a tad bit over $3 for the three letters. We actually used them as decorations for my own father's birthday party later!

I then set out to take my kids' glamour shots. Believe it or not, Riley, our pup, was the easiest to photograph so long as I could keep the wooden block out of his pup mouth!



Our indoor kitty, Zoe, was upset that I disrupted her nap to take her photo.



And our indoor/outdoor adventurer, Selina Kyle, just wanted me to pet her and drool on me. She was the toughest to photograph.




So after a bit of time photographing and laughing my butt off at some of the ridiculous pictures I captured, I finally got some pictures decent enough to turn into a Father's Day gift for their Daddy. I had a coupon for $20 off any $20+ purchase at Shutterfly, so I turned their photos into a card and a really cute mug. *Always check out the Special Offers page at Shutterfly to see what deals they've got going on!





Total cost:
$3.XX for wooden blocks (which I plan to reuse as decorations every Father's Day)
$9.XX for shipping for the mug and card since my coupon didn't include shipping fee)


Happy Couponing!
-Coupon Mama Massachusetts

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment