Saturday, July 18, 2015

Saturday Successes: It's a Girl!


It's a girl!

No, I'm not pregnant. Nor was I ever pregnant. My husband and I are (human) childless by choice. Today's Saturday Success is about my family welcoming a different kind of child - our newest daughter, Charlotte Rue.



As a volunteer at the Seekonk Animal Shelter, one possible duty is fostering animals that don't thrive in the shelter's environment. Three weeks ago, the ACO, Sharon, asked that I bring home a tiny little grey kitten who wouldn't eat much in her cage at the shelter. She was unnamed, super teeny and extremely timid and skittish.

Let me tell you, my husband's rage when I walked through the door with a cat carrier in hand was unparalleled. But it didn't take long before Charlotte melted his angry heart.

It took a week of hand feeding her before she finally ate by herself. It also took a week before she'd come out from her towel-fort without me dragging her out.



But now she's a purring monster revving up the second I walk into the room.

We're so glad to be able to call her ours!

Happy Couponing!
-Coupon Mama Massachusetts

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment