Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Easy No Bake Mini Cheesecakes

I scored a great deal today wandering through Shaws. Tuesday seems to be the day that they do their highest markdowns. A few months ago, I found loaves of bread for a quarter and tons of pre-packaged produce for $.50!

Today's score was 8 oz. tubs of Philly fat free cream cheese for $.50 a tub! Mmmm. My tastebuds prefer full fat cream cheese, but my extra meaty tuckus has an affinity for the fat free version.

I plan on turning my super inexpensive tubs of cream cheese into easy no bake mini cheesecakes! Mmmm.

Ingredients
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened   (I wonder if you could use that new chocolate stuff Philadelphia makes?)

1/2 cup sugar


1 tub (8 oz.) Cool Whip (or whipped topping), thawed

12 chocolate sandwich cookies (or any other round cookie


Directions
1. Beat cream cheese and sugar until well blended. Gently stir in whipped topping.
2. Place cookies on bottom of 12 paper-lined muffin cups.
3. Spoon cream cheese mixture into muffin cups. Top with whatever topping you'd like (multi-colored sprinkles, cherry or strawberry pie filling, homemade strawberry sauce, chocolate sauce, etc.). Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Happy Couponing!
-Coupon Mama Massachusetts

No comments:

Post a Comment