Tuesday, September 4, 2012

But I Don't Wanna...



It's that time again. Labor Day has come and gone, which means summer has too. It doesn't matter that the calendar still claims an official 20 or so more days of summer. The start of the school year signifies in my book that my glorious days of summer have come to a close.

I love my job as a special educator. There are days I want to bang my head against the wall in frustration. There have even been days I've come home in tears. Nevertheless, I enjoy working with my students, especially my students with special needs, helping them to improve their skills in order to be as independent as possible. Now, to clarify, I work primarily with kids who have learning disabilities, behavior disorders and emotional issues. I am not lucky enough to work with students with greater needs like our students with down syndrome and autism down in our lifeskills program. I've had the pleasure of visiting their class, however, and got to join in on a dance party during their "leisure time" last year.

In any regards, since my days are now taken up by teaching, I will be posting less frequently, unless I can find extra time during my evenings. I also hope to continue my days of the week series, as well as include posts about the trials and tribulations of reliving high school as an adult :-)

And despite the cartoon above, all most of my students like me and rarely do I get picked on, except of course for my height....especially since even my shortest of students tend to tower over my 4'11" frame!

Happy Couponing!
-Coupon Mama Massachusetts

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment