Sunday, October 31, 2010

20% off holiday cards at Shutterfly!

Have you purchased your holiday cards yet? Believe it or not, Christmas is less than 2 months away!

My mother is obsessed with mailing out photo cards to all of our friends and relatives. In fact, she hasn't NOT sent photo cards out in the last 20+ years. In the past I would help her look through strips upon strips of negatives to find the perfect photo for the Christmas cards (she is visually impaired and when left to her own devices ended up choosing the photo that came out the worst!!), then take her to CVS to hand over the negative and fill out the forms so that CVS could spend weeks processing our photo card request.

One year, CVS decided to mix up their "Greeting" options on the photo cards - my mom checked the one she usually checked off, without really looking at it.... well, we ended up with Christmas cards that said, "Happy Hannukah".... oops!

Then we discovered Shutterfly and their enormous selection of holiday photo cards. Gone are the days of looking through negatives, of dragging butt to CVS, of waiting weeks upon weeks upon weeks for terrible quality Christmas cards. I love Shutterfly, but especially their photo cards for several reasons:
  • website is super easy to download photos and navigate; even my vision-impaired mom has no trouble!
  • photo cards come in different sizes, not just the traditional 4x8 {also come in 5x5, 5x7 and folded}
  • you can select matte or glossy; either way the quality is AMAZING
  • there are literally HUNDREDS of background/template choices!
My favorite design, and the one my mom will probably go with this season, is a religious card called "Journey to Christ." Even though there are other options, I'm still partial to the traditional 4x8 photo cards. I absolutely love the blue color of the background and know it will look fantastic glossy. As a child, and later as a Sunday School teacher, I loved the story of the Three Wise Men and their journey to find the newborn Savior and bring Christ his gifts. In fact, this photo card background reminds me of the Christmas Pageant my previous church put on every year - my childhood best friend was always one of the Wise Men. I'm completely excited to purchase these cards {yet dreading having to choose a 'decent' photo of the 4 Lachapelle "kids"} and best yet, until November 3, 2010, Shutterfly is offering 20% off all holiday cards! 





Happy Couponing!
-Coupon Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment