Thursday, July 21, 2011

Clearing out my stockpile: using up my free cake mix

I'm always getting free or nearly free cake mix, but rarely ever any frosting! Who eats cake without frosting?!? Okay, I guess maybe I'm a cake/frosting snob, but I won't eat cake that doesn't have some kind of topping all over it. But I still needed to use up all of those cake mixes just sitting in my stockpile, especially the ones with expiration dates that are coming up or just past.

So I made some Poke Cake! Super duper easy!

Ingredients
1 box of cake mix, usually white, yellow or funfetti & ingredients needed to make
1 box of jello, any flavor, & ingredients needed to make
cool whip/whipped topping
berries of your choosing

Make the cake as directed in a pan that you don't mind leaving it in. I tend to use my pyrex. Let the cake cool completely. Poke the heck out of the cake with a straw or a toothpick or a skewer until there are tons of holes in it. Make jello as directed. Poor jello all over cake, letting it soak into the holes. Put in the fridge for several hours to let the jello set. Serve with whipped topping and berries. Yum!

This is not my picture - we ate all of our cake before I could snap a photo.




Happy Couponing!
-Coupon Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment