Friday, August 5, 2011

Review: Downy UnStopables

Do you suffer from stinky, clean laundry? Yes, I know perhaps that's an oxymoron, but my clean laundry tends to still be stinky and I don't mean body odor stinky, just dank and stinky.

I own a very old Maytag top loading washing machine and almost NEVER wash my clothes in hot water (my hot water is heated by an oil system... and do have any idea how much oil is per gallon right now?!?!). Even when I wash my laundry with extra detergent and use dryer sheets in my dryer, my laundry never has that smell I remember from my childhood.

Thank goodness for Downy Unstopables In-Wash Scent Booster! I had some really, super nasty old T-shirts that we had been using as rags for awhile that had been left wet in a bucket for about 3 weeks. Can you imagine that putrid odor that came off those shirts?? I filled my washing machine with the nasty rags, threw in the regular amount of laundry detergent that I normally use - I happen to be using Purex right now since I had gotten it free from CVS awhile back - and then I tossed in a little bit of the Downy Unstopable beads.

The packaging for this product is really cool. It comes with a cool cover that pops off completely and then underneath is the actual flip up cover for the product. You can use the cover that comes completely off as the dispenser for the scent boosting beads. Sort of like laundry detergent I guess, but absolutely no drips or mess.

So I threw in about 10 of the small scent boosting beads and threw down the lid of my washing machine. When I pulled the rags out at the end of the cycle, the smelled so delicious that I didn't even use a dryer sheet when I tossed them into the dryer.

Let me tell you, the smell of those rags gave me memories of those Downy teddy bear commercials and all of the fresh smelling laundry I used to play with as a child.

I even told my fiance that this product is worth splurging once a month for... and if you knew how tight I was with my money, my fiance swears I squeak when I walk! So if you want laundry that smells clean, despite how dirty and dank it started, try Downy Unstopables in-wash scent booster.


I received a full sized sample of Downy Unstopable in-wash scent booster because I am a Vocalpoint member. I was not asked to complete a review of this product in return; however, I felt it was worth reviewing since I LOVE this product. All views and opinions are 100% my own.

Happy Couponing!
-Coupon Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment